Update from December 17:
The developers at Blizzard have published the German patch notes for the WoW hotfixes from December 16. We have updated the message accordingly.
Original message from December 16:
The expansion World of Warcraft (buy now 14,99 € ) Shadowlands is live, and the next bug fixes and adjustments were delivered today in the form of hotfixes.
Below you can read the official patch notes. Hotfixes are updates that are applied server-side without the need to download new data. Some of the changes listed below will take effect as soon as Blizzard implements them, while others will only take effect after an announced realm restart. Please note that some issues cannot be fixed without a client-side patch. The full version 9.0.2 patch notes for Shadowlands can be found in this article. Blizzard has published the list of currently known issues here.
WoW: Shadowlands Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes from December 16, 2020
- Demon Hunter
- The effect of the night faemon 'Unnatural Malice' has been reduced by 50% in PvP.
- Chaos Strike (Rank 3) now affects Annihilation as it should.
- Fixed a bug where Chaos Strike was not dealing the intended weapon hand damage.
- Fixed a bug where Vengeful Demon Hunters could not use the Kyrian ability Elysian Decree outside of the Shadowlands when the Concentrated Marks talent was selected.
- The damage bonus from the Kyrian ability Soulmate no longer incorrectly removes the effect of Spell Reflection from the target.
- Casting the Night Fae ability Convocation of Spirits while Mass Invisibility is active now makes the caster visible.
- The Night Fae ability Convocation of Spirits no longer targets totems.
- Star Rain now no longer damages targets that were affected by a control effect immediately before the star hit.
- The cooldown on the Frenzied Regeneration spell granted by the Guardian Affinity talent will no longer trigger when the effect duration of the Heart of the Wild talent ends.
- Spurt no longer removes the effect of Inciting Roar.
- The Twin Moons talent no longer targets totems with the second use of Moonfire.
- The visual effect of casting Celestial Alignment is no longer duplicated for Zandalari trolls.
- The Divine Image legendary effect no longer causes other pets and guardians such as your Provost to attempt to cast spells.
- Fixed an issue during the Kyrian campaign where some quests in the "Among Kyrians" chapter would show as incomplete for players who had switched to the Kyrians from another pact and had not completed certain optional quests. Affected players should visit Oribos to have their status updated.
- Fixed a bug that caused player characters who were disconnected from the game during the Kyrian campaign quests "Air Domination" and "Trouble on the Western Front" to fall to their deaths when logging back in.
- Fixed a bug that prevented player characters who were disconnected from the game during the Kyrian campaign quest "Stronger Together" from reaching Cerekriss.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from returning to Zerekriss to accept the Kyrian campaign quest "Fly and Fight" if they left the area.
- Fixed a bug where during the Kyrian campaign quest "Stronger Together" the voice output could overlap with that of a nearby world quest.
- Fixed a bug where players who switched to the Necrolords from another pact could not turn in certain quests to Draka.
- Night Fae
- Fixed a bug where players could not accept the quest "Torn Webs" after accepting "Lightly Trim" from Qadarin during the "Curse of the Night Warrior" chapter of the Night Fae campaign.
Dungeons & Raids
- Castle Nathria
- Hunter Altimor
- The range of Scatter Shot has been increased on all difficulty levels.
- Constructor Xy'mox
- Fixed a bug that caused the door to Constructor Xy'mox to remain closed when the encounter was reset.
- Council of Blood
- Fixed a bug where the visual light effect of Dance of Death was sometimes not displayed.
- Silt Fist
- Fixed a bug where Siltfist's Giant Fists were not dealing the intended damage to the secondary target.
- Siltfist's melee damage has been reduced by 18% on Normal and Heroic difficulty.
- Stone Legion Generals
- Insatiable Feast now only targets characters with Insidious Mark active when no other targets are available.
- Insidious Blade now only targets characters stunned by Insatiable Feasting when no other targets are available.
- The Halls of Atonement
- Inquisitor Sigar has gained experience from communing with all the Tormented Souls and is now level 61 (previously level 60).
- Plague Fall
- Poisonous snipers no longer have 'poison piercer' ability.
- Developer Comment: This change is intended to reduce the complexity and difficulty of the mechanics near Domina Poisonblade's platform, especially for melee fighters.
- The Spikes of Ascension
- Fixed a bug where players could sometimes not force Devos to return to the ground when she was in flight on the far left or right.
- Fixed a bug where players could start the fight with Devos before Oryphrion was defeated.
- Players will now receive a warning before Shadow Vortex activates.
Items and Rewards
- Mana regeneration from maximum level water purchased from merchants and mage summoned mana rolls has been adjusted to match other types of maximum level water.
- Raw Dream Silk is now visible even when the world quest "Turmoil of the Spriggans" is active in the Arden Forest.
- Fixed a bug where the mind control of the Amulet of Eternal Winter could be used against druids in animal form.
- The physical damage dealt by the Jewel Veins of Condensed Hatred has been increased by 43%.
- Battle for Azeroth raids now no longer grant conquest.
- Fixed a bug where the stairs for the quest "Self-Sufficiency Cut Off" were not passable.
- Reduced the visual effects of Entropic Cascade during the quest for the allied Lightforged Draenei race, "The Lightforged."
Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- When your character is revived in Torghast, enemies that have performed the Deathblow will now attack you only after you have started the fight.
- Fixed a bug where the Crystal Tear required for the Long Forgotten quest would sometimes stop responding after a player failed to complete the quest event as intended.
More information, specials and videos about World of Warcraft can be found on our WoW theme page.Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts about World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed free of charge in the future in the form we're used to.
That's why we're turning to you now. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content free of charge in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Support now
We thank you in advance
Also read these interesting stories 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs poll on Phase 2 raids On Warcraftlogs you can currently have your say on how exactly the World First race in TBC Classic Phase 2 should be rated
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints for patch 9.1.5 discovered Is WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? The finding of some dataminers gives hope for patch 9.1.5
Blizzard loses game director and lead designer for Diablo 4 The Diablo 4 team loses its game director and lead designer in one fell swoop.
02:27WoW: Shadowlands season 1 survival guide (trailer)
World of Warcraft
02:16WoW: Shadowlands - Feature Trailer Introduces New Expansion
World of Warcraft
Player of Games, 3D/Artist ("animago Award"-winner), Social Media Manager (cert.) and Online Editor
Something missing in the article?
Karsten has been writing about his favorite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed.
Is something missing in the article?
to the home page
The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website.